Python for air traffic control?

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at idi.ntnu.no
Tue Jul 3 18:49:34 EDT 2001

"William Park" <opengeometry at yahoo.ca> wrote in message

> It scales linearly with the number of planes.

> What I meant is that for each airplane, he needs to calculate the
> distance to every other airplanes; that's O(N^2).  ;-)

I can see you're not very experienced in the field of computational
geometry ;)

Alex's point was (i assume) that this _isn't_ necessary. I guess it
would be hard to get below Omega(n*log(n)) preprocessing (sorting),
though.

--

  Magnus Lie Hetland         http://www.hetland.org

 "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in
  it, doesn't go away."           -- Philip K. Dick