Typing system vs. Java

Tim Hammerquist tim at vegeta.ath.cx
Sat Jul 28 04:28:39 EDT 2001

Me parece que Chris Barker <chrishbarker at home.net> dijo:
[snippage]
> > From what I hear about Python, it is weakly-typed like Perl.
>
> Python is dynamically typed, and NOT like Perl!

Could someone elaborate on this a bit more?  What is the difference
here?  What makes Perl's typing _not_ dynamic?  I've heard this
statement often in clpy, but do not understand the semantics of the
argument.

However, Perl's typing system is much more flexible (read:
context-sensitive) than Python's.

[snippage]

--
"supported" is an MS term that means the function exists. The fact
that it always fails means, that it is an exercise for the programmer.