GUI Builder for Python ?

Brian Kelley uberfustigator at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 3 11:30:26 EDT 2001

carlf at panix.com (Carl Fink) wrote in message news:<slrn9jvbc6.pdh.carlf at panix2.panix.com>...
> In article <3l1vjtg9cu1jcr78hdgnchmp8bt53cuhbi at 4ax.com>, Lothar Scholz wrote:
> >
> > Perhaps you have missed that i was asking for an verion > alpha.
> > I think Pythoncard will not be useable for some years.
>
> The current _Linux Journal_ has an article on Glade as a Python GUI
> builder.  It surely looks impressive to me, but I haven't tried it.
> You'd end up with a GTK program (no native Windows/Mac look and feel)
> if that matters to you.
>
> (I suppose you could use a GTK widget set that looks like WinX or
> Mac?)

My tutorial at the Python 9 Conference was based on the source that
Mitch wrote for the Linux Journal article.  You can get the tutorial
at http://www.bioreason.com/~brian/GladeBase.html

Glade, libglade and pygtk currently complile and work under windows
and I believe someone has ported _libglade.pyd as well which was the
missing piece of the puzzle.  Hopefully I can bundle this stuff up
into an installer along with the tutorial and GladeBase within the
next decade :)