Is Python a Good Choice for Web Programming?

Gillou nospam at bigfoot.com
Tue Jul 31 15:09:57 EDT 2001

Ted,

There are lots of ways to web with Python, including "pythonic" servlets and
JSP like stuffs. Follow this link to have a (non exhaustive) list.
http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/comp.lang.python/web_python.html
I have approximately the same skills in Python and Java and I'm sure I do
the jobs twice faster in Python than in Java.
And I don't remember having done something in Java that cannot be done in
Python.
Unfortunately, IT executives are addicted to marketing messages of Sun,
Microsoft and others.
And do not even consider that something else exists that's free, easy,
secure.
In addition, I don't think that BeOpen will offer triple star restaurants or
weekends in Tunisia to their best customers.
So, keep skilled in Java/JSP and Microsoft VBS/ASP technologies if you want
a good job, and use Python when it fits and if you're free to choose the
language.
In France, less than 1% of IT jobs require Python or Zope skills.

--Gillou

9k6osc$jgp$1 at slb7.atl.mindspring.net...