Make an *.EXE Using Python.

Thomas Heller thomas.heller at ion-tof.com
Thu Jul 19 15:14:46 EDT 2001

"G. Willoughby" <thecalm at NOSPAM.btinternet.com> wrote in message news:9j7ao4$ir$1 at neptunium.btinternet.com...
> thanks that works great! but one more question... i have compiled my script
> to an .exe BUT is there a way of getting rid of the console window. i tried:
>
> pythonw setup.py py2exe
>
> instead of
>
> python setup.py py2exe
>
> but this only copied the 'tcl' dir to the 'dist' dir! any ideas???

RTFM?
These are the command line flags:

--console or -c
    build a console application, similar to running the script with python.exe.
    The default is to create a console application if the script has the extension
    .py, a console-less GUI application if the script has the extension .pyw

--windows or -w
    build a windows application, similar to running the script with pythonw.exe

Thomas