PEP0238 lament

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Mon Jul 23 18:27:30 EDT 2001

Tim Peters <tim at digicool.com> wrote:
> [Martijn Faassen]
>> This discussion is entirely self selected too. What I'm pointing
>> out is that your 3/4 number is fairly meaningless in this discussion.

> In context, it was a directly relevant response to a question of Arthur's
> that had gone unanswered.  Out of context, it may was well be blue cheese.

Okay, sorry I took it out of context; I realized this when I saw
another reply of yours.

> I'm afraid this whole thread has turned into too much "typical Usenet"
> excess to be worth the effort of following it anymore.

You're right -- it's one of those issues (like case sensitivity) that
everybody has some opinion about and everybody can easily talk about.

Sort of like the way everybody in a company for which a website is
being developed will be able to talk about the way the layout should look
like (cool, stylish! but will fail to actually do much thinking about the
content, which is what a website is actually all about.

Withdrawing from the thread.

Regards,

Martijn