A use for integer quotients

Just van Rossum just at letterror.com
Tue Jul 24 08:38:44 EDT 2001

Robin Becker wrote:

> The whole PEP process is also broken by Guido's unilateral decision;
> we're informed by Tim that the he simply decided to correct a design
> fault.

Where on earth did you read that a final descision has been taken?
PEP 238 is listed under "Active PEPs (under consideration for Python 2.2)",
not under "Finished". It's status says "Draft" not "Final". Sheesh.

Guido has decided that it _is_ a design fault (so that's no longer under
debate), which he _wishes_ to correct. Whether (and if yes, how) that will
actually happen has definitely not been decided upon as far as I can tell.

Just