Python 2 times slower than Perl

Rob Andrews rob at jam.rr.com
Wed Jul 18 10:22:52 EDT 2001

Gilles Lenfant wrote:

> Seriously, compare 2 languages with really useful features (Genrate PDF
> report, extract XML data...).
> You can find useless stuffs that run much faster in Python than in Perl.

I'd love to see some comparisons in which people who are good at their
respective languages are given the same task considered reasonably
programmable in each of the given languages.

See which programmer gets a working *proof of concept* program actually
working in the least development time.

The we could post *Why are Perl, Java, and C all so much slower than
Python?*

Rob

Newbies Rock!
Useless Python