odd NT installation problem

bowman bowman at montana.com
Fri Jan 19 21:50:03 EST 2001

I tried installing the ActiveState .msi distro. I downloaded the installer
with no problem,
but it reported the .msi wasn't a proper msi.

So, I got the BeOpen 2.0 executable, and the Tcl/Tk 8.3 packages. Tcl
installed fine, but the
Python said it detected a corrupted installation.

So, I got Python16.exe. Another corrupted installation.

Finally Python1.52 installed without a whimper.

I'm using a rather tortuous route, as my Linux box can get out on the net,
but the NT one
can't. So I download onto the Linux drive, which is exported as a share
using Samba, and
transfer it to the d: drive.

I'm thinking there is some voodoo with files exceeding 5 meg, and the 1.52
package weighs
in under 5. Has anyone seen similar weirdness?