odd NT installation problem

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Sat Jan 20 18:47:02 EST 2001

"bowman" <bowman at montana.com> writes:

> So, I got the BeOpen 2.0 executable, and the Tcl/Tk 8.3
> packages. Tcl installed fine, but the Python said it detected a
> corrupted installation.

The Tcl packages are not necessary; BeOpen comes with its own Tcl
libraries.

I recommend to uninstall any copies of Python and Tcl that you may
have on your system. Then, you should remove all registry key in
Software\Python, and start all over.

If it actually says that the installer is corrupted, please don't
forget to include the exact URL of the file that you've downloaded,
and the md5sum or atleast the size of the file, so others can get a
clue whether download failed.

> So, I got Python16.exe. Another corrupted installation.

Even if it would work, don't use that version.

> I'm using a rather tortuous route, as my Linux box can get out on
> the net, but the NT one can't.

Are you sure you've enabled binary mode inside ftp? (hint: what else
could I guess out of the blue sky)

Regards,
Martin