BUG Python 2.0 FreeBSD compile problem

Chris Watson chris at voodooland.net
Thu Jan 11 14:38:48 EST 2001

> I'm not su on the machine in question. Could I use ports to do my build?
> Seems pretty quick to just grab the original source and do the one & so
> far only fix. Ports/rpms/pkgs etc are a bind unless you get to know all
> about them. Why can't they just get something universal moan moan
> grumble mumble. Exits whining :)

	Eeek! Yeah not having root puts a damper on things. Its not our
fault linux has to go and reinvent the wheel on everything :-)
There is a good effort going on called openpackages.net I believe that is
unifying the /usr/ports tree across the few BSD's. Even OS X. One day you
will have the same ports tree on OS X you have on FreeBSD :-)
Which to me is pretty spiffy.

-Chris Watson         (316) 326-3862 | FreeBSD Consultant, FreeBSD Geek
Work:              scanner at jurai.net | Open Systems Inc., Wellington, Kansas
Home:  scanner at deceptively.shady.org | http://open-systems.net
WINDOWS: "Where do you want to go today?"
LINUX: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
BSD: "Are you guys coming or what?"