BUG Python 2.0 FreeBSD compile problem

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Jan 11 13:20:52 EST 2001

In article <mailman.979232779.12150.python-list at python.org>, Chris
Watson <chris at voodooland.net> writes
>> http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=128119&group_id=5470
>>
>> (still says "Resolution: None", but I'm pretty sure a fixed
>> was checked into CVS a couple of days ago...  if you can
>> verify that the CVS version builds cleanly, let us know!)
>
>       You know guys there is a reason why FreeBSD has a ports tree :-)

I'm not su on the machine in question. Could I use ports to do my build?
Seems pretty quick to just grab the original source and do the one & so
far only fix. Ports/rpms/pkgs etc are a bind unless you get to know all
about them. Why can't they just get something universal moan moan
grumble mumble. Exits whining :)
--
Robin Becker