[Off topic] allowed to put Python material on the Web?

Daniel Daniel.Kinnaer at Advalvas.be
Sat Jan 27 12:51:57 EST 2001

Dear newgroupreaders,

As a Python newbie, I've been collecting lots of questions and answers
from this newsgroup.  It contains stuff not readily found in the many
good FAQ from the net.

Before setting up a new site, I would like to ask if it is allowed to
put my collection of questions and answers from this newsgroup (which
helped me a lot) on my site,so everyone can enjoy/learn from it
without going to the déjà palace.

E.g.
- the Tutor beep question
- reading a file line by line
- make a stringcopy of a list
and so on. I've collected replies from Fredrik Lundh,  Emile van
Sebille, Aahz Maruch, Alex Martelli and Sheila King to name only a
few.  Yes, I've learned a lot from you!

Thus, before starting the time-consuming task to create this new site,
I'd like to know if putting this collection on the Web is actually
legal/allowed.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Daniel