Tkinter vs wxPython: your opinions?

Timothy Docker timd at macquarie.com.au
Sun Jan 28 19:06:30 EST 2001

Greg Landrum <glandrum at my-deja.com> writes:

> There's already been a lot of good stuff posted in this thread, but
> I'll go ahead and toss in my several cents.

I've used both tkinter and wxPython reasonable extensively for some
real applications. One thing that I haven't seen mentioned so
far....

wxPython has a cross platform printing solution. It took a bit of
fiddling, but I got graphics printing working on both windows and
linux with the same code. As far as I am aware, there is nothing like
this for tkinter that hides the details of printing, and deals with
print dialogs, page format dialogs, etc, etc.

This is a big win if you need it.

Tim