post in CGI scripts

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 9 17:51:51 EST 2001

"Gilles Lenfant" <glenfant at equod.com.nospam> wrote in message
news:93fcrj$3lm$1 at reader1.imaginet.fr...
> Hmmm...
>
> With WinNT 4 + (IIS | Apache) + (Python 1.5.2 | python 2.0) I get all data
> with "cgi.FieldStorage()" and did not need to patch anything.
> Sorry, I have no experience with Xitami, but...

I do use Xitami regularly at home -- easiest-to-install-administer-etc
webserver
I could find around.  Works fine w Python CGI (GET & POST) in my experience.

> Did you test dummy POST handling scripts with something else than python
> (i.e. perl)?

Simplest try: change the ACTION url of your form to visit cgi.py directly
(copy it in the cgi-bin directory or wherever it is you keep your cgi's); it
will output copious information as a test that things are running fine, what
information has been passed, etc etc.

Alex