Newbie Question

Johann Hibschman johann at physics.berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 23 13:26:54 EST 2001

sarayu balu writes:

> Johann Hibschman <johann at physics.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> : Which version of gtk/glib are you using?  I'm using python 2.0 with
> : gtk 1.2.6 and 1.2.8 without problem, using pygtk-0.6.6.
>  I am using 1.2.8.
> Thanks,
> -SB

Okay, I don't know exactly why you're having problems.  1.2.8 seems
to work without a hitch for me.  Was your python compiled without
thread support, perhaps?

Checking the GLib documentation at www.gtk.org, I found this under
the description for g_thread_init:

   Note: To use g_thread_init() in your program, you have to link with
   the libraries, that the command "glib-config --libs gthread"
   outputs. This is not the case for all the other thread related
   functions of GLib. Those can be used without having to link with
   the thread libraries.

Maybe that's what's going wrong?  In any case, that's the extent of
my knowledge.  Good luck.

Johann Hibschman                           johann at physics.berkeley.edu