Capturing Screen, Moving mouse

makotosu at my-deja.com makotosu at my-deja.com
Tue Jan 30 08:41:02 EST 2001

Hello,

Is there a way to use Python to control a user's desktop?  I want to be
able to capture the user's desktop as an image (then convert it to a
jpeg/gif/png) and also have Python automatically control the user's
mouse pointer and click the mouse buttons as well (like producing a
demo).

This functionality was recently made available through Java's Robot
class, but I wanted to use Python instead.  I know I can use Jython
instead, but I was wondering if there was a way to use the CPython
instead.

I'm sorry if this question has already been asked-- please point me to
the right place.

Sincerely yours,

Norman Su

Sent via Deja.com