MMTK and Scientific python for NT 4.0

Kimmo Pääkkönen Kimmo.Paakkonen at helsinki.fi
Tue Jan 30 09:36:21 EST 2001

  Hi,
  is there a precompiled version of MMTK and Scientific Python for
Windows NT 4.0 somewhere? I found older binaries from site
http://starship.python.net/crew/kernr/binaries/Binaries.html
but those were linked against Python 1.5, and I'm using Python 2.0. I
also noticed that in that page the versions of the MMTK and Scientific
Python are older than in their FTP sites (those new versions seem to
support threading, and I have 2 processor on my NT machine :).

  If there are no such binaries, are there some instructions how to
compile them for NT? I have the free Borland 5.5 compiler, and I have
made couple of extensions with it (with the very nice help from
http://www.cyberus.ca/~g_will/pyExtenDL.shtml
), but building MMTK extensions seems confusing, as I don't have
experience of compiling bigger projects. Any help appreciated!!

                        Kimmo Pääkkönen
                        Kimmo.Paakkonen at helsinki.fi