Migrating to perl?

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 6 14:06:03 EST 2001

"Thomas A. Bryan" <tbryan at python.net> wrote in message
news:3A571F1E.2D25E978 at python.net...
    [snip]
> That's funny.  Although there *is* more than one way to do this in Python,
> Python users don't seem to care for exercises in finding and displaying
> "neat tricks" in Python.

Actually, I do have this dark-side urge, but, don't tell anyone, as I try to
keep it under wraps in the group... it's unseemly and unPythonic.  When I
just can't resist sharing a (so-called) "neat hack", I try to remember to
add
"but of course it would be silly to do it this way in the real world"
(because
it WOULD be silly: "do the simplest thing that can possibly work" is a much
better golden rule in programming than "look, ma, no hands!"...:-).

Alex