python-2.1 function attributes

Barry A. Warsaw barry at digicool.com
Wed Jan 24 14:27:36 EST 2001

    MH> I suspect if you can come up with a decent syntax, it will go
    MH> in.  I can't though.  Any ideas?

That's definitely been the problem so far.  Function attribute tend to
be very useful even without the syntax, but I think many people agree
that an inline syntax a la docstrings would make the feature even more
useful.  So far, no one's come up with an acceptable syntax.  My
inclination would be to open a new PEP for just the syntax proposal,
referencing PEP 232 for the underlying implementation and access
rules.

-Barry