[Off topic] allowed to put Python material on the Web?

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Sat Jan 27 14:34:38 EST 2001

It would probably be polite, to ask the authors of the messages you are using
(assuming you are quoting exactly from the messages) whether they would mind
if you used their material. I'm not sure if this would be practical, though,
since many Usenet participants munge their "from" address, and I'm not sure
how many people you are talking about.

Technically, once the messages are posted to Usenet, anyone can archive and
copy them. However, if you were using them for commercial gain (i.e. ad
banners and such), the authors might request that you remove their material
from your site. Authors of Usenet posts still retain copyright to their own
material.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/

On Sat, 27 Jan 2001 17:51:57 GMT, Daniel.Kinnaer at Advalvas.be (Daniel) wrote in