Tkinter vs wxPython: your opinions?

Dave Brueck dbrueck at edgix.com
Thu Jan 25 17:01:13 EST 2001

> On 25 Jan 2001 19:41:19 GMT, Neil Cerutti <cerutti at together.net> wrote:
> >The current documentation for Tkinter is much better than what is
> >available for wxPython.
>
>  This is very strange. Where is good documentation for Tkinter to
> be found?
> When I had tried to learn using it (this was 5 years ago, true) I couldn't
> find any documentation at all. wxWindows documentation is probably what
> has personally attracted me so much to it.

Heehee ... the main reason I ended up using wxPython instead of Tkinter was
because with wxPython I had little or no problems finding answers to my
questions.. the documentation isn't 100% but I found it to be far more
comprehensive than anything I could find for Tkinter. That and wxPython's
layout, events, etc. are very straightforward and easy to use (not that
Tkinter's aren't, I just didn't find wxPython's confusing or difficult at
all).

-Dave