[Off topic] allowed to put Python material on the Web?

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Sat Jan 27 22:52:32 EST 2001

On Sat, 27 Jan 2001 19:37:50 -0800, Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com> wrote
in comp.lang.python in article <3A73940E.2637C648 at alcyone.com>:

:Sheila King wrote:
:
:> Technically, once the messages are posted to Usenet, anyone can
:> archive and
:> copy them.
:	...
:> Authors of Usenet posts still retain copyright to
:> their own
:> material.
:
:These two statements are inconsistent with one another.  (The latter is
:the one that is correct, by the way.)

They are not inconsistent. Technically, you CAN archive and copy them. I can
archive and copy all the posts in this newsgroup, if I want to. I have the
ability, the hardware, the software and the know-how.

Now legally, ethically,... that is another matter...

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/