How to extend sys.path on Win9x permanently?

Mark Hadfield m.hadfield at niwa.cri.nz
Tue Jan 30 17:09:29 EST 2001

"Martin Bless" <m.bless at gmx.de> wrote in message
news:3a7730ab.37058673 at news.muenster.de...
> To be exact, it's the
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\2.0\PythonPath\win32
> key on my machine. It adds the extra path both in Python/DOS and
> PythonWin.

Well you can add any key you want under .../PythonPath, e.g. I have one
called HTMLgen to add the (you guessed it) HTMLgen directory to the path.

> But what I like much better is the solution to put MYLIBS.PTH into the
> Python dir.

I wasn't aware of this one. I'm not sure if I like it better or not (I've
never been as reluctant to edit the registry as others seem to be) but I'll
try it out.

I'm glad you started this thread!

---
Mark Hadfield
m.hadfield at niwa.cri.nz  http://katipo.niwa.cri.nz/~hadfield/
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research
PO Box 14-901, Wellington, New Zealand