How to extend sys.path on Win9x permanently?

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Tue Jan 30 16:39:31 EST 2001

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001 02:47:46 -0500, Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com>
wrote:

>create a file in your Python directory with an extension .PTH,
>and place within it the name of the directory you want added
>to sys.path.

Wow, that's the solution I dreamed of. Works wonderful. And with
PythonWin too.

My lib ist now
>>>c:\programme\python20\mblib
And
>>>c:\programme\python20\mblibs.pth
simply contains one line with five letters:
>>>mblib

Site.py is very helpful too. What is unclear to me: As far as I
understand site.py, a ...\mblib\more.pth  should be processed als
well. I made some quick checks, but it didn't work.
Have I got it wrong?

Martin

PS:
>Doesn't your Windows support adding lines to config.sys, such as:
>   shell=c:\command.com /p /e:4096
>which would extend environment space to 4K?

It probably does. But I'm afraid, this kind of changes is cumbersome
and leads into trouble somewhere else ...