Using Python SSL

Gavin Cooper skreech at socket.net
Fri Jan 12 18:45:42 EST 2001

Michael <michael at stroeder.com> wrote:
> skreech at my-deja.com wrote:
> >
> > I try to use the socket.ssl
> > function I get SSL_connect errors.
> > [..]
> > I donno where to go from here, so any help would
> > be appreceated.
>
> I can't help you but I would suggest that you try to test your code
> against the OpenSSL implementation. "openssl s_server" and "openssl
> s_client" can produce a lot of debug output.
>
> Ciao, Michael.

Well that helped the situation, I've figured out that my client does
indeed work, but my server does not. s_client ends with this error
trying to connect to the Python SSL "server":

3722:error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown
protocol:s23_clnt.c:460:

This leads me to think that there might not be a way to use Python's SSL
like this to code an SSL _server_. I'll have to browse the socket module
source some more to make sure, though. Thanks for pointing out the test
server/clients though.

Gavin Cooper

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/