CHECK_IMPORT_CASE

Jason Tishler Jason.Tishler at dothill.com
Thu Jan 25 22:40:00 EST 2001

Steve,

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 09:15:20PM -0500, Steven D. Majewski wrote:
> While looking for a way to solve the macosx case insensitivity import
> problem, I found in Python/import.c:
>
> #ifdef CHECK_IMPORT_CASE
> static int check_case(char *, int, int, char *);
> #endif
>
> However, neither I nor the linker could find the implementation
> of check_case.

The three different check_case() implementations (win32, mac, and djgpp)
are right there in Python/import.c too.

> Is this a work in progress ? Does someone have a planned solution?

Although the following is somewhat Cygwin specific, you may find some
of the information useful:

    http://sourceforge.net/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=103154&group_id=5470

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email: Jason.Tishler at dothill.com