mxTools (was Re: why no "do : until"?)

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Thu Jan 11 06:41:38 EST 2001

Simon Brunning wrote:

> > From: Max Møller Rasmussen [SMTP:maxm at normik.dk]
> > From: Oleg Broytmann [mailto:phd at phd.pp.ru]
> > >   Anyone here has any doubts that at least mxDateTime simply MUST be in
> > >the Python core? :)
> > No that would be a great idea, but doesn't the license prevent that?
>
> As far as I can see, mxDateTime doesn't have restrictions in its license -
> it's mxODBC which does.
>
> Is this right, Marc?

Right.

But please note that I wouldn't really want mxDateTime to go into
the core: the reason is that the mx Extensions will soon be available
as three packages under a new top-level package name "mx" -- I wouldn't
want to rip mxDateTime out of that context.

BTW, mxODBC v2.0 will then no longer be free for commercial use. I put
a moderate license fee on it to at least produce some funding for mxODBC
and the other mx Extensions  -- the old mxODBC license just didn't
work out, so I had to take this step.

mxODBC will still remain free for non-commercial use, e.g. for personal
and non-profit organizations, and as before you get full source code
with it, so you still have all the advantages of being able to adapt
the code to your needs.

mxDateTime and most of the other tools will remain Open Source
software as before.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg