[Off topic] allowed to put Python material on the Web?

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Sat Jan 27 15:09:48 EST 2001

On Sat, 27 Jan 2001 19:26:26 GMT, jgraves3 at austin.rr.com (jay graves) wrote in
comp.lang.python in article <3a731f6a.97406397 at news-server.austin.rr.com>:

:On Sat, 27 Jan 2001 17:51:57 GMT, Daniel.Kinnaer at Advalvas.be (Daniel)
:wrote:
:
:>As a Python newbie, I've been collecting lots of questions and answers
:>from this newsgroup.  It contains stuff not readily found in the many
:>good FAQ from the net.
:>Before setting up a new site, I would like to ask if it is allowed to
:>put my collection of questions and answers from this newsgroup (which
:>helped me a lot) on my site,so everyone can enjoy/learn from it
:>without going to the déjà palace.
:
:Something similar already exists.
:http://python.faqts.com

Yes, and here's another one:

http://www.lowerstandard.com/python/pythonsource.html
This one has been announced on the Python Tutor mailing list.

For myself, what I've started doing, is just collecting examples on my own
website for my own use. The examples that are useful to me may not be useful
to anyone else, and I don't try to make a site for anyone else. I just want
something that is organized, and a record for me to use.

For instance, I did something like this for some little Perl scripts I was
playing around with:
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/computers/perl.html

I haven't got my Python scripts up to date, though.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/