Python and postgreSQL ??

Sean Reifschneider jafo-pythonlist at tummy.com
Thu Jan 25 04:07:33 EST 2001

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 08:11:33AM +0200, Erno Kuusela wrote:
>seems the latest version of pygresql doesn't have the pgtools
>thing. but, it doesn't use the db-api interface either.

Hmm.  I should look at that.  I mostly just snag the one that's in the
postgresql SRPM...

>the readme doesn't make it sound very hard...

Yeah, but it also doesn't mention that you have to run it in a transaction
either.  It sounds like it's documented somwhere, but I just greped through
the user guide and don't see a mention of "locreate", "getlo" or "loimport"
in it.

I'm not really that interested in it.  Evelyn and I wrote this "Mail2DB"
thing over dinner one night (design, development, and released at a
restraunt -- love wireless IP :-).

One of the folks who was interested in it wanted the entire message stored
in the database in an LO.  I told him "good luck".  :-)  My version
just stores header information in the DB and the messages themselves
are stored in the filesystem.  Should make them easy to compress, eh?

Sean
--
 This mountain is PURE SNOW!  Do you know what the street value of this
 mountain is!?!                -- Better Off Dead