PyMacs vs. Pym (was: Pyditor, Text editor fully extendible in python a la' Emacs)

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 28 03:06:49 EST 2001

"Nahuel Greco" <ngreco at softhome.net> wrote in message
    [snip]
> > By the way, my ideal text editor will also keep my coffee cup full of
warm,
> > fresh Expresso while I'm working. Haven't found one yet that can do
that,
    [snip]
> > I'll have to insist on the java (small j) support...
>
> why java? (maybe we can do an editor and a language flamewar in the same
thread! :)

'java' is a common US term for 'coffee' (which is why Sun's "Java" has a
coffee-cup logo).  I fully agree we need a flamewar on _that_ language
oddity, given that coffee originated from Eastern Africa (presumably
near the town named Kaffa, in Ethiopia) and the best current varieties
are grown in Brazil and brewed in Italy (even Starbucks acknowledges
the latter implicitly with their Italianoid naming for their concoctions),
so, why should the largest island of _Indonesia_ give it its name...?!

Alex