PyMacs vs. Pym (was: Pyditor, Text editor fully extendible in python a la' Emacs)

Nahuel Greco ngreco at softhome.net
Sat Jan 27 18:41:10 EST 2001

On Sat, 27 Jan 2001 18:18:23 -0500
"Bob Calco" <rcalco at cortechs.com> wrote:

> Nahuel:
>
> Basically, it sounds like you want PyMacs: Emacs - iLisp + Python. Some

No, besides ilisp has not a python interface,  emacs is too much bloat, i
want something more well designed and python extensible from the beggining.

> reasonable people might prefer something more basic, like Pym (Vi-IMproved
> implemented in Python that can spawn the Python interpreter or C compiler at
> will on anything that moves). Either way, you're likely to incite a fresh
> round of editor flame-wars with talk like this!

I search google, sourceforge, and freshmeat for pym, and none...
pym exists?.. i want to know that, but pym doesnt sound as my perfect editor :)

> (Said the pot to the kettle...)
>
> By the way, my ideal text editor will also keep my coffee cup full of warm,
> fresh Expresso while I'm working. Haven't found one yet that can do that,
> not even the super-extensible Emacs... so, I have to do it manually for now.
> And I thought we lived in the 21st century!

A text editor with a female body? :)

> I'll be happy to work with anyone on a new "programmer's text editor" but
> I'll have to insist on the java (small j) support...

why java? (maybe we can do an editor and a language flamewar in the same thread! :)

Nahuel Greco