Python for 8086???

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Jan 21 01:44:36 EST 2001

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 04:41:39PM -0000, Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) wrote:
>	http://www.computer-guru.com/diskless.html
>for a description - basically it's 8086 based, floppy but no hard disk,
>some "hard RAM" to work in, decent keyboard, crap screen), which I'm
>using until (one day, hah) we can afford a "real" laptop.

There's the Python port to the Palm Pilot.  That might be a good place
to start...  Don't know how small your box is, but the Pilot is a
68000 kind of CPU with 8MB RAM.  I was shown a copy of it at a recent
LUG meeting, and it doesn't look too bad, but is still missing some
things (floats? forms).

Try:

	http://www.google.com/search?q=python+palm

Sorry I can't give you more advice, my palmtop has a 300MHz CPU, 200MB
of RAM, and a 20GB drive.  ;-)

Sean
--
 Obutse: Not pointed or acute. Exceeding 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees.
 OOOooh!  Rounded at the free end.  Dull...  Hey!  That's an insult!  -- WKRP