Migrating to perl?

Moshe Zadka moshez at zadka.site.co.il
Fri Jan 5 19:13:59 EST 2001

On Thu, 4 Jan 2001 22:59:28 -0600 (CST), Skip Montanaro <skip at mojam.com> wrote:

> (Mason is great, by the way.  I just wish it used Python. ;-)

The big problem with Mason's approach (I use it all the time at work) is
that is a preprocessing tool, rather then a compiler. That means syntax
error crop up in the *compiled* Perl code, which has no relation to
the original Mason code where you made the error. I spent 30 minutes
yesterday finding out where I had an extra curly brace.

"ugh-hate-perl"-is-my-motto-these-days-ly y'rs, Z.
--
Moshe Zadka <sig at zadka.site.co.il>
This is a signature anti-virus.