BLT2.4 with Pmw, Tcl8.3, Python2.0 and Win98 - how?

Norman Charnley norman at earth.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 9 12:43:55 EST 2001

I've been trying to move up to Python 2.0 under Windows 98, but I cannot
persuade Pmw to see the Blt module. This was raised some time ago, but
I've not seen a workable solution posted (a suggestion to put BLT24.DLL
in the same directory as the Python executable did not fix it for me).
Anybody have an answer?

In addition, without a "normal" Tcl installation (using a version from
Scriptics into C:\Tcl, not just the C:\Python20\tcl form that is
installed by default) then .tcl scripts cannot be run simply by opening
them, and Tcl_wish does not appear to be present. Is it possible to run
Python2.0 with the normal installation - how is Python told where to
find Tcl?

Thanks for any help,

Norman

 Dr. Norman Charnley