Python & GUI?

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 22 12:23:32 EST 2001

"Stefan Franke" <spamfranke at bigfoot.de> wrote in message
news:3a6c2f9c.2770560 at news.btx.dtag.de...
> On Thu, 18 Jan 2001 21:15:56 +0100, "Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com>
wrote:
> [...]
> >my personal favorite, however, is Dynamic
> >Html -- used in a cross-platform way, it has some limitations,
> >but, targeting one specific and powerful browser (such as IE),
> >it's awesome,
>
> I've no idea what's possible on this route, could you point me
> to some examples (for IE)?

One example of one technique (HTA, aka "HTML Application") is
discussed at:
http://x64.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=714593265

It's a toy example of course.  What you can do with
Active/X controls embedded in HTML pages is basically
without bounds; what you can do with Dynamic HTML itself,
CSS, etc, etc, is a huge lot.  Python can control all
of this in several ways (HTA perhaps simplest for IE).

Alex