Possible bug in httplib

Don Dwiggins dwig at advancedmp.net
Wed Feb 14 14:19:44 EST 2001

I've been "doing exercises" with httplib to familiarize myself with it, and
I ran into a problem that I think might be a bug.

The HTTPConnection.request method takes an optional "body" argument, useful
for POST requests.  When I tried to use it, the server I was talking to came
back with an empty reply.  I was finally able to get the request accepted
using a sequence of putheader calls to send the Content-Type header as well
as Content-Length.  I don't know whether Content-Type is required by the
HTTP spec, but at least one server calls for it.

Can anyone offer a more authoritative answer as to whether the request
method should be sending the Content-Type header?

Thanks,

--
Don Dwiggins
Advanced MP Technology