XML Module problems

vonWedel at lfpt.rwth-aachen.de vonWedel at lfpt.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Feb 22 07:42:59 EST 2001

Hello,

I'm trying to use an SAX-based parser to process XML files in Python 2.0.

First I tried Python on a Solaris machine, finding out that the python
distribution
installed does not contain _any_ XML parsers!? Hence I chose to install
PyXML -- it installs fine but running it gives me a  segmentation fault in
sax.make_parser(), so probably it doesn't succeed in loading the
pyexpat.so
module. Are there any binary versions of the module?

Running the program on an NT 4.0 machine succeeds in creating a parser,
but gives me the following error which seems to be internal to the parser
module!?
(The warning is output from my program, meaning it doesn't handle element
<start>).

Warning: Start of element start skipped
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "run.py", line 369, in ?
    main(sys.stdin, sys.stdout, sys.stderr)
  File "run.py", line 366, in main
    h.run()
  File "run.py", line 86, in run
    p.parse('case.xml')
  File "d:\programme\python20\lib\xml\sax\expatreader.py", line 42, in
parse
    xmlreader.IncrementalParser.parse(self, source)
  File "d:\programme\python20\lib\xml\sax\xmlreader.py", line 120, in
parse
    self.feed(buffer)
  File "d:\programme\python20\lib\xml\sax\expatreader.py", line 81, in
feed
    self._parser.Parse(data, isFinal)
TypeError: too many arguments; expected 1, got 2

Any other ideas on how to use XML in Python?

TNX,
Lars