Python 2.1 release schedule

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at alum.mit.edu
Fri Feb 9 19:28:12 EST 2001

I updated the Python 2.1 release schedule (PEP 226):
    http://python.sourceforge.net/peps/pep-0226.html

The schedule now has some realistic future release dates.  The plan is
to move to beta 1 before the Python conference, probably issue a
second beta in mid- to late-March, and aim for a final release
sometime in April.  The six-week period between first beta and final
release is about as long as the beta period for 2.0, which had many
more significant changes.

I have also added a section on open issues as we had in the 2.0
release schedule.  If you are responsible for any major changes or
fixes before the first beta, please add them to that section or send
me mail about them.  Remember that we are in feature freeze; only bug
fixes between now and beta 1.

Jeremy