pth information

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Wed Feb 14 16:20:46 EST 2001

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 09:38:30PM +0300, Oleg Broytmann wrote:
| On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, D-Man wrote:
| > I was searching through the documentation on python.org, but couldn't
| > find anything describing the usage and syntax for .pth files.  All I
|
|    http://www.python.org/doc/essays/packages.html

This did a good job of explaining how packages are supposed to work
and how packages differ and interact with modules.  It also explained
what .pth files are for and that .pth files shouldn't be used unless
absolutely necessary.

Ok, but I still want to know what such a file should look like.  For
example, on one of my systems, I have Win2k, Python 2.0, and wxPython
2.2.5.  Python is installed in d:\apps\python20 wxPython is in
d:\lib\python_modules\wxPython.  Right now I have
d:\lib\python_modules in my PYTHONPATH environment variable.  If I
want to use a wxPython.pth file instead, how would I do that?   Should
it go in d:\apps\python20\lib?  What should it contain?  Simply the
path to d:\lib\python_modules\wxPython on a line by itself?

Thanks,
-D