ZELP! I can't Zope!!

Dave LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Thu Feb 15 16:26:36 EST 2001

I'll bet there's some nifty zope forum where I can get help and i'll
be jiggered if I can figure out which of the zope mailing lists are
appropriate for newbie zope help/questions. I figured there would be
some zopers (zopeheads?) lurking around c.l.p and figured i'd see if I
could get a little info on the following problem:

My most immediate problem is that I can't get the zope tutorial to
install by following the directions given for doing so. After
following the instructions to go to the "add products page" (which I'm
guessing is the "Products" page with the "add product" button on it,
when I try to run the tutorial via the help menu (left frame tree
menu), I still get "Can't find tutorial examples - please install
tutorial before continuing".

Perhaps I didn't enter the correct "ID" when doing the "add product"
bit, but there is no information about what an ID is nor if there is a
specific value that needs to be entered for it. (Note to Zope central:
your documentation could be clearer here guys.)

This is Zope 2.3.0 "binary windows install" with Python 1.5.2 on an NT
4.0sp6 box.

TIA for any help!

Dave LeBlanc