Python 2.1 - tokenizer fgets crash (Windows)

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Sat Feb 17 13:26:40 EST 2001

[paul at fxtech.com]
> This is weird. I am using the 2.1 debug DLL/lib built from the CVS
> sources in an embedded app. I can init the interpreter and run some
> startup code with PyRun_SimpleString() (to redirect stdout/stderr,
> etc). But when I try to use PyRun_AnyFile() it crashes in the
> tokenizer at the first fgets() call. Stepping into the code,
> everything looks "good" up to that call. I suspect some kind of
> library/DLL settings mismatch.
>
> Anyone have any clues?

You do:  "crashes" could mean anything on Windows.  What does it mean to
you?  Is it dying inside MS's implementation of fgets(), in Python; is it a
NULL-pointer error, an illegal instruction; etc etc.  Try it under a debug
build, if you haven't already (single-stepping can be highly misleading if
you're doing that with the non-debug build).