Python 2.1 - tokenizer fgets crash (Windows)

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Sat Feb 17 14:32:01 EST 2001

[paul at fxtech.com]
> Yes, I'm using the debug build (as I mentioned) and I have
> single-stepped down into the code. It's crashing in Microsoft's
> fgets() function. The FILE * looks correct - the only thing I can
> think of is I'm doing the fopen() in my code and it is getting used in
> the DLL. Loading files from within the DLL (using Import) work fine.

Ya, sure sounds like you're mixing DLL modes.  Can only suggest you
triple-check the DLLs you link with.  Make sure your own code is using the
MS multithreaded DLLs; don't know how you set up your project, but it's
(too!) easy to blow that part under DevStudio; see PC/example_nt/readme.txt
for details.