CPAN functionality for python

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Thu Feb 15 19:58:27 EST 2001

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 04:52:34PM -0700, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
| I see the catalog and the actual file contents being two very
| distinct things, and that they don't necessarily need to be placed
| on the same machine.

I agree with this.

Something I sometimes wish for is a single site that has a list of all
the software goodies I want.  I can easily forget where I found a
certain neat proggy, and google, etc, usually give a lot of extraneous
results.  Sounds like this is what Trove tried to do, but it must not
have succeeded.  I guess I need to keep my own list ;-).

-D