What to do after Python?

bowman bowman at montana.com
Sun Feb 18 11:05:40 EST 2001

Alex Martelli <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:96oa1e0v4h at news2.newsguy.com...
> Perfectly correct (though I would not put things in this specific
order:-),
> but I just want to underline my original suggestion in this light: SQL
> does _both_ -- it broadens the mind

the only thing SQL ever broadened was my boredom. Once the initial concepts
are grasped, which takes about an hour, the rest is endless repetition. I
usually feel like I'm headed for the Augean stables with a very small
shovel.

being a crusty old C programmer, I don't consider RPG a language, either. I
admit many people have had long and lucrative careers dabbling with
databases, but I've also heard of a language, Cobol or something, that is
also widely used.

XML? Perhaps it will amount to something -- someday.