Newbie's Questions

Thomas Guettler guettli at interface-business.de
Mon Feb 19 06:22:29 EST 2001

Yesterday I had time to start learning python. I like it, after a half
hour I wasn't missing the "{..}" anymore. Here are some questions I
have:

Is there a way of checking the program when I start it.  So typos are
detected emidiately, and not when I enter the function.

Is there something like "use strict" in perl? I like to declare my
variables before I use them. (Again, to recognize typos)

Is there a way of reading a single character from stdin without
waiting for the return-key? (At best without curses)

Is there something like "exit" in C? Yes, I could just raise an
exception, but I prefere a way without a stacktrace.

--
Thomas Guettler
Office: <guettli at interface-business.de> www.interface-business.de