How widespread is NIS support?

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Tue Feb 20 00:16:12 EST 2001

In article <mailman.982639343.12125.python-list at python.org>,
Andrew MacIntyre  <andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au> wrote:

>FreeBSD supports NIS (though not NIS+) but doesn't have the
>'yp_get_default_domain' man page you refer to.  I think the other BSDs and
>most Linux distros are in the same boat.

Interesting.  My Panix account (NetBSD 1.4.3) has that man page, but
you're right about FreeBSD and the Linux on starship.python.net.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"Laws that restrict speech are an abomination for a simple reason.
They're like a poison gas; they seem to be a good weapon to vanquish
your enemy, but the wind has a way of shifting."  -- Ira Glasser