python-dev summary, Jan. 16-31

Donn Cave donn at oz.net
Fri Feb 9 12:18:47 EST 2001

Quoth Simon Brunning <SBrunning at trisystems.co.uk>:
|> From:	Andrew Kuchling [SMTP:akuchlin at mems-exchange.org]
|> * Announce PEP drafts and status changes to c.l.py.announce
|> * Write a set of introductory pages for Python development (this has been
|>   brought up before).
|> * A read-only alias for python-dev would be useful for several people, but
|>
|>   may require serious Mailman hackery (I don't know).
|
| Sounds to me like if these three could be achieved, 99.9% of c.l.py would be
| more than happy. I know that *I* would.

Since you presume to speak for 99.9% of c.l.py, it's fair for me
to suggest you don't know what you're talking about.  I doubt
even the present membership of python-dev really has time to read
it, and very few of us with only an observer's interest are going
to be able to keep up.  I'm not making this up, see comments in
this thread.  Most of us don't have even the knowledge to always
follow what's going on.  Which has been part of the value of the
summaries, digested by someone who does.

I would be more than happy if I didn't have any reason to read
python-dev.

	Donn Cave, donn at oz.net