import statement is case sensitive

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Wed Feb 28 12:13:51 EST 2001

<costas at springmail.com> wrote in message
news:3a943bea.525315589 at News.CIS.DFN.DE...
> Is there anyway to make the import statement NOT case sensitive?
> sometimes directory names are in mixed case or different case from the
> import statment.
>
> Also what is the purpose of even having it case sensitive. I've yet to
> see a file system that has case sensitive filenames....

You might as well ask what is the purpose of having a filesystem retain the
case of filenames, but then ignore the case when looking them up, which is
what NT appears to do. Ever had two files in an NT filesystem with names
differing only in case? There are circumstances under which this can happen.
That's one good reason to assume that the user's case differences are
intended to be significant!

regards
 Steve