CPAN functionality for python

Andy McKay andym at ActiveState.com
Wed Feb 14 18:44:03 EST 2001

> I'd suggest that there were two kinds of mirrors - meta data, and actual
> data. The actual data could be stored on a regular FTP server, the
> metadata could be accessed via XMLRPC from a Zope server. A little like
> www.rpmfind.org in a way.

I wrote a product for Zope that provides a simple proof of concept called
the ZPM. It checks the product data on a Zope installation against the a
website (http://www.zopezen.org/products). Zope is serving back a simple xml
file containing the requested products information in XML. Zope could handle
the metadata quite easily, a regular FTP could do the hard work.

--
  Andy McKay.